Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing what CarTalk calls IFP, The "Invisible Foot Phenomenon." The car now has excessive idling at all times and braking is difficult. It seems as if the car is in eternal cruise control mode and the pedal will jerk under my foot if I let the car coast. It started about a month ago and it seemed to have something to do with Cruise Control. First I disabled Cruise Control from the dash and it seemed to work for about a week, and then returned. The idle motor (I think I found it in the forums called ISC motor) will even move the pedal for 5-10 seconds as the car is turned off. Then tried to disconnect the battery to reset the computer. This also worked for a couple days. Now the problem has returned. I read another post where you attributed this to moisture, but this happens regardless of weather cold, warm, dry or wet... Could this be the idle motor, MAP or TPS sensors or an EPROM problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Mrbob

·
Registered
88 Sedan Deville, 89 Eldorado, 11 SRX, 18 CT6
130 Posts
ranger is 100% correct (not that ive ever read something incorrect from him lol) your Idle speed Controller does just that, it's not hard to replace yourself, takes a little under 15 min (its only a couple bolts and a wire clip) you can identify it easily... look at throttle control in engine areal. it's the screw type thingy that moves it back and forth (higher and lower rpm) you'll notice the accelerator petal moving along with it... just as if you were to move yourself. www.rockauto.com has this part, as well as most any other automotive place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts