Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Sedan DeVille (Sold), 1970 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I've had my car since August 2010 and I just realized why my car doesnt look like every white Cadillac from this body style I see on the road.

I look at my "CompNine" page every once in awhile and last night noticed that my car has code D83 with the 40U white.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=1g6cd5333l4348217

D83 PAINT,SPECIAL(MONOTONE) MONOTONE PAINT(D83)
40U EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY (40U)

I would imagine this is why my car comes up so rare on compnine Vin to RPO convertor.

I'm 99% sure my Deville doesnt have the touring package, but it was specifically ordered with the paint scheme. I'm also having a hard time finding a color swatch of 40U...Was 40U a different white?

IQD TRIM - INTERIOR DESIGN (QD) was only ordered on 17,691 vehicles?

Where can I find better info on what these codes included? I dont know what the IQD TRIM - INTERIOR DESIGN (QD) even has?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1993 Coupe Deville, 2009 XLR-V 1 of 6 Crystal Red
2,484 Posts
Chris,
You have cloth interior, and not as many cloth interiors were made compared to leather. Sometimes I wish mine were cloth. I see a lot of DeVilles made from 89 to 93 with leather that looks like shit. All of the cloth interiors look very decent for their age. Also go back to Compnine and look at the codes after the details describing yours. There should be all of the codes for a DeVille for that year.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Dennis

The diagrams are great that was the first time I saw them on the site.

I guess I'm trying to find out more description for the codes but that was helpful.

·
Registered
13,969 Posts
also, that monotone paint job isn't very common... (probably more common in white than other colors though)

google 1990 deville and look at the image results for examples of the other 'normal' devilles

they have a grey/silver lower moldings around the bottom of the car

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
The white door bottoms is somewhat normal on white cars. Another reason it looks different is either your car is pinstripe delete or the car was repainted before and they didn't bother putting it back on.

·
Registered
1993 Coupe Deville, 2009 XLR-V 1 of 6 Crystal Red
2,484 Posts
A couple of things that stood out was it had a code for fleet build? And the differential ratio was 2.97, not common if I remember. The brakes were standard same build code as my Coupe. Still I like that color of cloth more than blue or red with the white exterior which seems to be prevalent where I live. Chrome molding insert didn't show up on the lower panels until 1991.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow really?! Not that its the biggest deal in the world but I'm glad I have the higher gear ratio.

Also the guy I bought this off of removed the pin stripe and had initials painted on both front doors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts