Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Fleetwood Brougham
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching chips for my car and want the opinion of others who maybe have knowledge in this. I finally managed to get a decent exhaust system and now want to continue tweaking this thing. Thanks

·
Registered
2008 DTS 1980 CDV. Past 1990 Bro. 1981 SDV diesel
360 Posts
I spent days online & on the phone about this last year. The only option I found is Westers Garage in Canada. You send your PROM or one with the same number & all of your modifications & he reprograms it...... All this for ONLY $350... I've recieved conflicting info that GM had every ounce of power & economy squeezed out of these cars when built. He has a FB page, nice guy who will talk to you on the phone about any questions. SL

·
Registered
1990 Fleetwood Brougham
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$350!?!? It better give me at least 40 horsepower for that coin. I found 2 places that sell a box that interfaces with the air temp sensor and 1 that sells a drop in chip for $175. Search for TBI chips

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
All those chips are is a resistor that tells your intake air temp sensor that the air temp is lower than it is, so the car runs richer. Great way to burn through o2 sensors and catalytic converters. Please don't buy those. I don't know anything about getting your PROM or ECM reprogrammed, but if it doesn't make a big difference, then it definitely isn't worth $350.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,724 Posts
Headers
Dual exhaust
Roller rockers
Valve springs
Better cam
Vortec heads
Higher stall converter
Lower rear gears
Shift kit

All things you should put your money into before you actually need a custom PROM chip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts