Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
None
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought a 1990 Brougham D'Elegance with transmission problems. The car has the 5.7L Engine...... which transmission is coupled to that engine? Also, anyone know how to identify the engine and trans in this car?

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
if the engine is a 350, the SPID on the trunk lid should have an L05 option
the transmission would be a 700r4 if it has a 350.

got any pics of said car?

·
Registered
None
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is there an ID tag located on trans anywhere? I seen this number cast into the body of trans. 8663549

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,671 Posts
You would positively identify the tranny by the shape of the tranny pan. Look up tranny pan shapes and see what you have. But you have a 700r4 behind that 350. Nice car...

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Hey I just bought a 1990 Brougham D'Elegance with transmission problems. The car has the 5.7L Engine...... which transmission is coupled to that engine? Also, anyone know how to identify the engine and trans in this car?
Where abouts do you live, I seen an ad up here that looks like that car, it is sometimes helpful if you show where you live on your bio.

·
Registered
None
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Langley, possibly the same car.

----------

I understand there are many different models of the 700r4, so if I didnt have the old tranny to look at, then how would I know which model to get? For example: A 700r4 from a truck may not be the same as a 700r4 from a cadillac correct?

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
I live in Langley, possibly the same car.

----------

I understand there are many different models of the 700r4, so if I didnt have the old tranny to look at, then how would I know which model to get? For example: A 700r4 from a truck may not be the same as a 700r4 from a cadillac correct?

Yes, I kept going back and forth looking at that ad for your car, it's a very nice looking car, it will be worth the money to get it running correctly,keep us updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts