Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the air filter off last week and I noticed what looked like a hose connection on some part. I looked in the FSM and parts catalog in the emissions sections and I didn't find what this part is. It sits near the EGR valve. I put my finger on it while the engine was running and it felt like there was suction. I didn't see any hose laying around disconnected.

Anyone have any idea what this is?

Fuel Pump 006.JPG Fuel Pump 007.JPG

·
Registered
19,613 Posts
According to this diagram, from my AllData account, that LOOKS like it could be the VRV can purge solenoid, and it doesn't look like that port is supposed to have a line on it.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I found a part number on it. 22522518 early fuel evaporation vacumn regulator is what I found on google. One arrow says manf for one hose and the other arrow points to the delay hose connection.

Good grief what engineer designed that mess.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's the VRV. Vacuum reducer valve. Reduces the vacuum from the manifold side off to the other side and helps smooth out the idle on the car. There's a ton of these primitive control valves starting in the late 1970s on automotive engines. The engineers were doing what they could before computer controls and full fuel injection were available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found the exact same thing on my 88 brougham ....I coudnt find what was suppose to go there but figured it shoudnt be freely drawing air so I just put short piece of hose over it seal off ....didn't change anything...should I remove it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts