Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends got this 1990 5.0 stang (we call it "the poonstang"). He raced this Turbo Eclipse once all decked out totally riced out. Well, my friend worked this guy and he looked like he was about to cry. haha. it was great. He's also beat tons o civics, and once raced a new STS.

that was a funny story. They were going down this road really fast, and the sts was almost beating him, he noticed the light had turned red so he slammed on his brakes about 500 ft before the intersection, and the sts kept going and noticed it was red at about 200ft before the intersection, and didn't stop in time and crashed into two cars coming off the freeway and my friend just turned and went ot work. ahha.

oh and we onced race a 350z. We both got off the free way, it was a red light. it turned green and we both floored it into a turn. another red light. green, and we took off. We had the 350z off the line because the poonstang is an automatic, then he's right up along side of us, slams it into second, churps the tires and he's gone. IT WAS SO HARDCORE!!!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
That's a shame about the STS. I'll never even crack a smile to hear about someone getting into a car accident - someone could have been hurt...

At any cost - if the 5.0 was eaten alive by the 350Z, then the STS should be able to beat the 5.0 as well. My Vette beats the 350Z's and it's not much faster than a 90 5.0... Wierd...

Otherwise.. I don't see me beating an ETC or STS anywhere but off-the-line in my Vette.. If I remember correctly, that Northstar had such torque in the upper RPM's - it was unbelieable.. When I first got it ('95 ETC) I used to race Iroc-Z, GTA's and Mustang 5.0's to see just how powerful it was - and I never lost...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never said he was winning to the STS. It was keeping right with him and when it started getting a head that's when my friend hit the brakes. also with the 350z, i think my friend should rerace one. We had 3 peolpe in the car one of them pretty big, and the tires needed replacing. But the 350z is sweet.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille
397 Posts
MMNineInchNails said:
Never said he was winning to the STS. It was keeping right with him and when it started getting a head that's when my friend hit the brakes. also with the 350z, i think my friend should rerace one. We had 3 peolpe in the car one of them pretty big, and the tires needed replacing. But the 350z is sweet.
Dude you should try to race him in reverse with your Deville lol

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
That's a shame about the STS. I'll never even crack a smile to hear about someone getting into a car accident - someone could have been hurt...

At any cost - if the 5.0 was eaten alive by the 350Z, then the STS should be able to beat the 5.0 as well. My Vette beats the 350Z's and it's not much faster than a 90 5.0... Wierd...

Otherwise.. I don't see me beating an ETC or STS anywhere but off-the-line in my Vette.. If I remember correctly, that Northstar had such torque in the upper RPM's - it was unbelieable.. When I first got it ('95 ETC) I used to race Iroc-Z, GTA's and Mustang 5.0's to see just how powerful it was - and I never lost...
Sal,
If you can't beat an ETC or STS with your Vette, you need to fix what's keeping it from running right, or sell it to someone that can drive it.
That's pathetic man.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:

Ummm....Sal.....my Spec V romps on 5.0's no problem and I am little dot in the rear view mirror of a 350Z. I'm going to say those "5.0's" you have raced were not stock but modified pretty heavily. Back when i had my 1991 Ford Taurus SHO+ I was beating up on Mustang 5.0's no problem and my Spec V is a little bit quicker then my Taurus was. But also don't forget there is a big thing called driver error. I've beaten cars that on paper are supposed to wipe the floor with me but they didn't know how to use the car to its full potential. That what seem's to be a lot of 350Z owners problem's are. I've only seen a handful of 350Z's run the time's that they are capable of. But you could have also raced an automatic 350Z and in that case I would give it a run for its money because they are not that fast at all

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
But also don't forget there is a big thing called driver error. I've beaten cars that on paper are supposed to wipe the floor with me but they didn't know how to use the car to its full potential.

Ain't that the truth? lol I got a friend that spent quite a bit of money on his '91 Mustang Coupe. We went to the track one day and the best he could get was a 13.9. I told him to let me drive it since he only had the car for a few months and I had one for 3 yrs. I ran a 12.5. So yeah driver's error plays a big part in racing.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Katshot said:
Sal,
If you can't beat an ETC or STS with your Vette, you need to fix what's keeping it from running right, or sell it to someone that can drive it.
That's pathetic man.
Do you have any idea how weak the L98 is in the upper RPMs?

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Ummm....Sal.....my Spec V romps on 5.0's no problem and I am little dot in the rear view mirror of a 350Z. I'm going to say those "5.0's" you have raced were not stock but modified pretty heavily. Back when i had my 1991 Ford Taurus SHO+ I was beating up on Mustang 5.0's no problem and my Spec V is a little bit quicker then my Taurus was. But also don't forget there is a big thing called driver error. I've beaten cars that on paper are supposed to wipe the floor with me but they didn't know how to use the car to its full potential. That what seem's to be a lot of 350Z owners problem's are. I've only seen a handful of 350Z's run the time's that they are capable of. But you could have also raced an automatic 350Z and in that case I would give it a run for its money because they are not that fast at all
My Vette does 0-60 in about 5.8.. What does the 350Z do it in? Automatic and Manual...

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Ummm....Sal.....my Spec V romps on 5.0's no problem and I am little dot in the rear view mirror of a 350Z.
That's wierd. You must have raced a modified 350Z. They're really not that fast. My car does about the same in the quarter mile. The one I raced probably WAS an automatic but even stick is close.. When I've raced Spec-V's, I pulled ahead the whole time from start to finish...

I've never actually raced a Northstar Cadillac in my Vette - but the Caddy felt much stronger up top...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Your Vette SHOULD pull any "stock" Cadillac. Hell, it should dust my car off no problem.
As for the Spec V, the kid's a little full of that little "ricer". It's only a low to mid 15 sec. car at best and most other cars in it's class are faster these days. They're fun to drive and cheap to buy but no race car, and seriously no threat to a Vette or any other V8-powered sports car.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
That's kinda what I was thinking.. With equal drivers, the Spec-v shouldn't be taking 5.0's. Speaking of fast, inexpensive cars - that new Dodge SRT4 starts at $20k and does 0-60 in under 6 seconds...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
That's kinda what I was thinking.. With equal drivers, the Spec-v shouldn't be taking 5.0's. Speaking of fast, inexpensive cars - that new Dodge SRT4 starts at $20k and does 0-60 in under 6 seconds...
And can pull a 13 second 1/4 in stock trim. Most are doing very low 14's but I have seen them just breaking into the 13's too.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
Katshot said:
Sal,
That's pathetic man.
yeah did you say 5.8 in your corvette?!! It should be a lot faster.

I share an office with a dude who has a 350z and he says his Z does 60 in 5.4 and he has an intake on it and a grounding kit. He has mods for looks, not really for going faster. The car looks sweeet.

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
YO Blackoutspec-v --

i was at a Phish show this past weekend and there was this car full of kids in a spec-v who looked so pissed. The traffic sucked and the wait to get in the show was about 6-20 hours. That happens when 70,000 people are trying to get down a 1 lane highway. Anway, the kid was driving a Spec-V and must have crashed it along the way cuz the whole front gender, grille, and hood were all banged up. I can still remember the look on that kids face, he was ripshit!

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
yeah did you say 5.8 in your corvette?!! It should be a lot faster.

I share an office with a dude who has a 350z and he says his Z does 60 in 5.4 and he has an intake on it and a grounding kit. He has mods for looks, not really for going faster. The car looks sweeet.
It's only an '87 Vette... Other people surely get better numbers than I do but 5.8 is what I've managed...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts