Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contemplating a 1 owner 1989 DeVille with 57,000 senior driven miles with a few senior imposed dings, but beautiful. You folks were a big help with my 1991 DeVille and thought I'd ask your experience with the 4.5L Deville with full electronics and digital display. I'm not finding any problems and runs out smooth. Doesn't have the ride control the 1991 DeVille has, but a beutiful two-tone brown and chrome car. Are bumper moldings and tail- light surrounds expensive? How hard is it to re-align doors. Drivers door closes without the normal click and from the inside the door opens to easily. Has brown leather and carpets with all the goodies. Is the 4.5L motor an iron block?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
4.5 is an aluminum block....

Bumper moldings and stuff like that, I would check ebay, and then dealer..... You may also check a trim shop, as we have had to have a trim piece around the rear window replaced, and they matched it to the vinyl top......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! had never checked out the 4.5L before and new our 4.9L was aluminum. I'll look for trim in cyberspace before i hit the dealers but will get an idea from them to start with proper part numbers.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
4.9 is just a stroked 4.5 other than a minor difference in displacement there are no real differences.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1989 Deville

I just sold a 1989 Deville with 192,000 miles and the engine was still running strong. A lot of little trim pieces were starting to need attention, but other than that, it was a great car. The 4.5 V8 is a rock-solid engine.

Mark

·
Registered
630 Posts
Buy it Plefe,
You won't find too many 89s or 90s with 57k and lady driven these day's how much is she asking for the car? My 87' with a 4.1 FWD has 144k and still runs strong, but it was a one owner car that was very well maintained when i bought it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Asking $5200. My insurance told me that the top end for this car is around $4700. I think all and all it is a fair deal for the miles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, but here in New Mexico and especially the Farmington area, cars are at a premium. Trade in wouldn't be much, but considering both cars condition, it's fairly safe to assume that we would keep them and look for another. This is oil&gas country so there are many Cadillacs to choose from. The resale on Cadillacs here are phenominal. I've seen 92' DeVille's with 100,000+ miles on them going for $4500. For the money, the banks couldn't get close on interest if we borrowed. I can't even count the dealerships. Cadillacs on every corner.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
hehehehehe, i payed 2k for my 90 coupe deville with 55k miles, but i got if from my gf's grandma. Get it, mine has 57k on it now, runs great even after a run in with a kia.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Night Wolf