Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 Cadillac Sedan Deville that I need to replace the speakers on. I know on the front speakers I have to take off the air vents to get to the screws to remove the dash but I am unsure of how to get the back off the rear seat to get to the rear speakers if anyone has any guidance it would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
Re: 1989 Cadillac Sedan Deville Speakers

I've replaced the spekaers in my 85 but it was a while ago and I'm fuzzy on it. The speakers are in modular containers that have to be removed, and then the speakers are removed from the container. The top is accessed through the covers on the package shelf, they just slide over to the side and lift up. The lower parts are accessed through the trunk.

It would be a good idea to practice at the junkyard if possible. Some of the bits are kind of fragile.

·
Registered
1990 Sedan DeVille
61 Posts
Re: 1989 Cadillac Sedan Deville Speakers

I have a 1990, but I think that this part should be the same for an '89.
1. Phillips screwdriver, remove shoulder seat belt trim piece near rear headrest.
2. 10 mm socket and extension to remove bolt near the same place. The headrest is one, solid piece across the back seat. Lift up the cushion a bit and you will see the bolts at left and right sides. Headrest will just pull forward and out now.
3. Gently pull rear deck forward. Slowly work it forward and it will come out as well...no fasteners.
4. Speakers are fully accessible now. Just gently pry the speaker brackets away from the retaining clips. All of this stuff is plastic so be gentle.
5. Check your third brake light bulbs...easily accessible at this point too.
6. Put it back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts