Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1989 Coupe Deville with 89,500 miles on it 6 months ago, I'm the 3rd owner. It sat for 10 years. I paid $2500 for it. Took it to a mechanic for new tires, brakes, tune up, trans flush, rear air shocks, drivers side window fell off the track, new motor mounts and radiator, water pump, A/C charge. The paint on the hood, roof and trunk needs repainted, Rosewood Metallic. The drivers side seat I repaired with leather inserts and glue. A new stereo, cause the Delco one did not work (they never do). Never smoked in, passenger and rear seats look immaculate. the dash it perfect. I drove the car to Tucson 2400 miles round trip, it averaged 25 mpg, not bad for a 30 year old push rod V8. In town the mpg sucks, but on the highway where I live in Colorado I average 24-26. This is my 7th Cadillac, the one before this one was a 1986 Fleetwood 75 limousine FWD originally purchased by the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs, (I was the 2nd owner) it had the 4.1 in it with 275,000 miles on it when I sold it years ago (fun car to drive and got lots of looks). Before that a 1976 Seville, and a 1987 Brougham, which I drove for several years (I was the 2nd owner on the Brougham..great car), a 1982 Deville with the 4.1 (2nd owner, great car), a gold 1974 Coupe DeVille and my first Cadillac, a steel blue 1965 Sedan Deville. (those two I owned back in college, great cars) All great cars, wish I still had all of them. My dad bought a black 1965 Sedan DeVille in 1967. I loved Cadillac's ever since. I know the 4.1 was a bad engine, but the two 4.1's I drove, I never had a problem with ever, they were a little gutless though. A friend of mine drove a gorgeous 1984 Brougham with the 4.1, bought it with 50,000 miles on it and he had over 200,000 miles on it before he sold it, never a problem. Maybe he and I just got lucky. Another friend had a new beautiful 1982 Eldorado, the engine failed at 40,000 miles. The 89' Coupe with the 4.5 seems to do just great, plenty of acceleration, handles great, comfortable. I am looking at getting another Brougham with the 5.7 and a Deville with the 4.9, both great motors. Anyway, if you find a nice low mileage Cadillac prior to the Northstar, I don't think you will be dissapointed. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I used to do run on sentences. Drove my teachers nuts in school. Guess I could have made 3 paragraphs out of that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts