Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Im new here, mainly to find out what is wrong with my father's caddy. At a stop light, when you take your foot off the brake even the slightest bit, the engine starts "chug-chug-chug" and with each "chug" the car moves forward. The idle sounds like crap, but he did just have a tune up not too long ago. Any idea's as to what the chugging problem is? Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
DANS898MPCADDY said:
Hi everyone. Im new here, mainly to find out what is wrong with my father's caddy. At a stop light, when you take your foot off the brake even the slightest bit, the engine starts "chug-chug-chug" and with each "chug" the car moves forward. The idle sounds like crap, but he did just have a tune up not too long ago. Any idea's as to what the chugging problem is? Thanks for any and all help.
WELCOME to the forums.
I personally can't give you any advice. Don't know enough but I can WELCOME you.

:D :D :D :D
can someone please give there 2 cents and be a good person

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
JJhomer83 said:
WELCOME to the forums.
I personally can't give you any advice. Don't know enough but I can WELCOME you.

:D :D :D :D
verify the throttle cable is returning to curb idle. if it is binding, surging will occur. also make sure the cruise control cable is not binding as well. remove the cruise cable from the throttle lever and see if it now returns to curb idle. also in rare cases i have seen a weak throttle return spring cause this. reply on this thread with what you find. i'm available after 9 pm west coast time. hope this helps, Bill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
carnut