Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A friend purchased a '89 Allante and I want to help him replace the battery. The only problem is finding it. If anyone could help out giving us the battery location, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ayrton :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,

Could anyone help out giving me the battery location in a '89 Allante.

Thanks in advance,

ayrton

·
Registered
80 Posts
Search of the web shows it is behind the right front passenger seat under a panel. Let us know!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ipncjh1 said:
Search of the web shows it is behind the right front passenger seat under a panel. Let us know!
Thanks for the help. Your web search was better than mine.

I will advise.

Thanks,

ayrton :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Re: !989 Allante Battery Location

Behind the passenger seat, on the shelf, there's a speaker enclosure. Turn on the radio and listen, you'll hear the speaker. You have to slide that panel forward carefully because the speaker wires are right there. When you have it released, disconnect the speaker. There's the battery. Make sure you use a battery that has the same vents so you can comnnect the vent hoses that direct the gases under the car. Also, you friend should keep an eve out on eBay for a factory service manual. They're priceless when it comes to the Allante.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
I own an '88 Allante, the battery is just behind the passenger seat. power the right seat forward, look at the carpeted panel thats vertical behind the seat. Mine has a key lock access, not sure if an '89 is the same. Unlock the panel if necc. pull forward towards the seat back. Viola! theres the battery. If you are replacing it, I would recommend a Delco only that has the external vent hose attachment provision. hope this helps, Bill.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Re: !989 Allante Battery Location

Welcome to CadillacForums ayrton!

I am glad you found us, and I hope you friend with the Allante joins us as well. I think you will get much from this site, and we will try to help in any way we can with Allante questions and Cadillacs in general. Let us know if you need any other info on the Allante. I have several years experience with them and if I don't know the answer I can sure point you in the right direction. :welcome:

·
Banned
646 Posts
any Allante Battery Location, misc manual pulls, GEL battery

ayrton said:
Hi all,
Could anyone help out giving me the battery location in a '89 Allante.
Thanks in advance,

ayrton
all unmodified Allantés have the battery behind the passenger seat .. to pull the panel, use your trunk key to unlock and then simply pulll the panel forward .. not sideways .. be carefull to wash the area qucikly with baking soda, and if any got spilled on carpet, sprinkle baking soda and shampoo the area, ASAP, within 5 minutes .. highly recommend a towel to cover the carpet while pulling battery ...

as a side issue, there is a similar panel behind the driver side, and there you will find the EMERGENCY / manual fuel door release ... something to know just in case the power switch fails .. btw, the BOSE speakers are inside these panels ...

if you are not familiar with the other manual releases, top, trunk, top boot, compartment separator, park brake, etc ... drop me a line .. you should know where they all are .. another one that gets many in trouble is the parking brake manual release, if the auto-release fails, you are stuck unless u can find the manual release .. know them all .. and no , there is NO seat ejection ... :D

as to the battery, GEL batteries are what many of us are switching to .. NO acid spill or leaks or fumes ... lasts only 3 - 4 years as compared to 6 yrs for the Delco liquid units, but it is worth not having acid issues back there .. the Delco have a LONGGGGGGGG history of leakage :suspect: and damage not only to the tray, but to carpeting, upholstery, etc .. GEL - several brands and all work well ...

·
Banned
646 Posts
ayrton said:
Hi all,

A friend purchased a '89 Allante and I want to help him replace the battery. The only problem is finding it. If anyone could help out giving us the battery location, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ayrton :confused:
seems to be an ECHO thread ... :bonkers:
wht the heck, here is my echo response:

all unmodified Allantés have the battery behind the passenger seat .. to pull the panel, use your trunk key to unlock and then simply pulll the panel forward .. not sideways .. be carefull to wash the area qucikly with baking soda, and if any got spilled on carpet, sprinkle baking soda and shampoo the area, ASAP, within 5 minutes .. highly recommend a towel to cover the carpet while pulling battery ...

as a side issue, there is a similar panel behind the driver side, and there you will find the EMERGENCY / manual fuel door release ... something to know just in case the power switch fails .. btw, the BOSE speakers are inside these panels ...

if you are not familiar with the other manual releases, top, trunk, top boot, compartment separator, park brake, etc ... drop me a line .. you should know where they all are .. another one that gets many in trouble is the parking brake manual release, if the auto-release fails, you are stuck unless u can find the manual release .. know them all .. and no , there is NO seat ejection ... :D

as to the battery, GEL batteries are what many of us are switching to .. NO acid spill or leaks or fumes ... lasts only 3 - 4 years as compared to 6 yrs for the Delco liquid units, but it is worth not having acid issues back there .. the Delco have a LONGGGGGGGG history of leakage :suspect: and damage not only to the tray, but to carpeting, upholstery, etc .. GEL - several brands and all work well ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Stealth