Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 1 month ago my driver information center stopped working,but even though i could not see the numbers anymore the heater works just fine.now about 2 weeks ago everything like the speedometer,odometer,and how much gas i have went out.all the fuses are good .does anyone know where the fuse for this problem is or is it something else?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
I bet they need replaced..... The fluorescent lamps eventually die..... Id say 15 years of service and you got your moneys worth..... Sometimes what happens is little things get burnt out (like solder connections) and you can resolder them..... If your gonna have to take them out for replacement anyway, might as well open em up and see what the deal is!!!!!

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Had This Happen On My Car, Turned Out To Be The Central Power Supply Module. Its Located By The Steering Column. Large Silver Box Two Nuts Are Loosened And Its Slides From Its Bracket. 6 Inches By 4 1/2 Inches. In Size. Says "program: Central Power Supply" On It. Got One From A Salvage Yard, Works Fine. You Have To Remove The Panels Under The Steering Column To Access It. Once Located, Try Tapping On It To See If The Display Flickers On, Also Wiggle The Connector As Well. Hope I Helped, Bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts