Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am new to the Cadillac world. My friend has given me the honor of helping him restore a 1988 El Dorado. It only has 72,000 miles on it. Currently I am doing some paint restoration work on the car. However, the previous owner had the passenger side door and rear fender repainted to cover up some scratches. Needless to say, the shop did a bad job and used the wrong color creating a horrible mismatch (see first pic). What I have done was to sand down the wrong paint back down to the original clear. However, the original scratches are now showing.

On to my question:

I have done extensive research on the color code of this car, but to only find inconsistent information on the internet. The previous owner stated that this was a Cameo Ivory color. But when I look at that color...it matches the mismatch paint that the shop used....not the original color. So I have found also Cotillion White, Flax, Cameo Ivory, and White. At one point, the code of 50 was shown with the name of Cameo Ivory and later on Cotillion White. I understand that there is a difference between the name of the brochure paint color and the actual paint code name. For instance, for my Pontiac G8, the advertised color is call 'Hot White', however, the actual name of the paint is called 'Heron White'. So I am just completely confused over the El Dorado. Does anyone know the correct color code for this particular car? Currently, I am leaning towards Cotillion White.

Please help, thanks!

Alan

Attachments

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
Eldorado: #1 underneath trunk lid, or #3 spare tire cover

1 - 3 of 3 Posts