Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Coupe Deville, 1991 Coupe Deville, 1989, 1994 Eldorado
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

My Head Gasket Went The Other Day And I Wanted To Know If Fixing It Would Be Worth While.. It Has 188,00 Miles On It But It Ran And Looked Mint, Oil Was Changed Every 2,000 Miles Not A Bit Of Rust On It, I Used To Get 25 Mph On The Highway With It. There Was Also No Warning .. It Happened Over 2 Days. :( When I Drained The Oil Out, There Was A Total Of About 11 Qts.
WITH ALL THE EXTRA FLUID, COULD IT HAVE DONE ANY ADDITIONAL DAMAGE TO THE ENGINE?

Wanted To Know If I Should Go Ahead And Fix The Head Gasket Or Put A New Engine In It?
Where Can You Get A Reman. 4.5l
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
If the eingine ran great up until the head gasket failure and there is no physical damaged to the engine components, i.e. cracked or warped heads then I would consider replaceing the head gaskets and keep that engine going.

Different car, different engine but, my 88 Mustang 5.0 blew a head gasket at 225,00 miles. I repaired them and it is still running strong today with over 315,000 miles.

If you want to replace the engine with a re-build you can do a search online for them.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I really want to fix is is a beatiful car.
any other thoughts?????

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I was told that it may be the intake manifold and not the head gasket... I I will have to have it tested to see, Is that a test I can do myself
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts