Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired an 88 Brougham that is simply unbelievable. How about the original mats are still in the trunk in the original packaging? 69,000 original miles, garage kept, never been in rain or salt. i wont even tell you what i paid for it because it's sheer theivery.

anyway - opera lights?

what the heck is this power inverter and where can i get one? that is the only thing that doesnt work on the car, the opera lights. it supposedly goes in the trunk somewhere and produced 110V, i just want to find out where the heck i can get one of these.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
Hey Congrats on the great purchase! I have an 87 and love it! Opera Lights?? AH the ongoing saga. There are several postings on here and I know i saw one person who said he have a lot of the invertors. I tried looking but couldn't find who it was so just do a search for opera lamps and you should be able to find the person who has a bunch. Only one opera lamp works on my Brougham as of now. I am looking to replace the one that is out. What color and when you going to post some pics of your 88 Brougham?

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is an old post I know, but here's your answer. The inverter is located on top of the right rear tire well in the trunk. About 1-1/2 square black box. That's probably OK, but both opera lights are bad. Mine are both bad.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Has anyone looked at making a white LED opera light strip? This wouldn't be too hard, but you would need a serial or parallel white LED driver for it to manage the power and intensity (these aren't as simple as connecting to battery power and let go, needs to be regulated).

What were the factory opera lights, fluorescent? Or Neon?

Anyone have a bad one off of a car that I can use to model with? It will be returned, hopefully revised with something that works!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
The factory ones are electroluminescent. Do a search for them and you'll find a few posts about it and some of them will say what different things people tried.

One of mine is burnt out and I tried another one but it doesn't work either so I'll have to play with it some more in the spring to see if I can figure out what's wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts