Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Brougham
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All -
I have a 1988 Brougham with pics below and original white exterior and red interior. I am looking at getting it repainted and as I do that considering changing the white to another color like a grey or black.

My question - were there other color combinations from Cadillac at this time that went with the red interior that I could consider as an option versus the white. I like the white but wondering about other options that still align with this model Cadillac.

Thanks so much for your feedback! Tim

Tim

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,614 Posts
I have seen white and black paint with a red interior. I suppose if you got your hands on a dealer sales brochure it might have the combination offerings.

What I have also seen is say for example a white paint, blue interior, blue vinyl roof.

Just my opinion it seems like a lot of work changing the paint color if you are doing around the doors, remove the trunk lid and paint the underside to match, etc. I got quotes on an '86 to just do a repaint the same color was about $6K+. Lacquer paint you just can't paint over that with 2 stage. Either it has to be stripped to the metal or a sealer sprayed over the lacquer paint. One place quoted me $25K body off repaint. I didn't even ask what all that included. Uh yeah maybe if it was a Rolls Royce I'd spend that much. lol

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,614 Posts
This is what would probably answer your question. It tells the color combinations and recommended interior.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV 2WD 6.2
129 Posts
This is what would probably answer your question. It tells the color combinations and recommended interior.

I think white is the best color for those. Yours looks like a really nice car. I would keep it that way😊

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
955 Posts
I think it looks pretty awesome as is. It's a big job changing color. You will never get that money back out of it.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,995 Posts
Just a wrinkle to iron out, but the old sharp-edged box era does well with a tu-tone. You could scheme up something that does not compete with that interior for just the whole top of the car and retain the clean white sides. Carried off well it would become a distinctive eye-catcher, and you'd save all the effort and expense of aforementioned detail at least around the doors. Even greater impact if ditching the 'oh so over it '80's vinyl'. If the aim is to retain the vintage appeal then just white again it is.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV 2WD 6.2
129 Posts
Just a wrinkle to iron out, but the old sharp-edged box era does well with a tu-tone. You could scheme up something that does not compete with that interior for just the whole top of the car and retain the clean white sides. Carried off well it would become a distinctive eye-catcher, and you'd save all the effort and expense of aforementioned detail at least around the doors. Even greater impact if ditching the 'oh so over it '80's vinyl'. If the aim is to retain the vintage appeal then just white again it is.
I always preferred the white padded top on a white sedan of that vintage. It retains the look of a luxury car and that red interior is wonderful and complements the look.
I know the padded tops are a PITA to maintain however. I think those Cads definitely are more appealing than the squarish Town Cars of those years. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts