Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,906 Posts
It was made for 1987 as a Coupe and returned for 1988, and a Sedan version joined the Coupe. (Touring Sedan) It died at the end of 1988. I think what noahsdad meant to say was "Restricted Colors" rather than Special Colors. I believe they came in white, silver, grey and black. Later when I have more time, I';; check & see if I have color breakouts on them.....

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Sorry.....I looked for the 87 & 88 production numbers on these and since they were not considered a specific MODEL - but rather an options PACKAGE, I do not have the production # on them, nor color breakouts.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
:thumbsup: I have an idea, but you will not like it.

The car came with very unique wheels, actually specific to the Touring Coupe/Sedans of 87 & 88. I would rather have them on there, than anything else. It identifies the car of what it is.
Furthermore, I would not customize it. It's a special model, very rare, few left on the road. I would not risk bnlowing the speakers by adding 1,000 watts of sound, nor tint the windows. In New Jersey you'll have a 50% greater risk of being pulled over & detained by police, WITH tint ! They don't like it, and will cause you much discomfort, running your license, checking correctness of credentials, insurance ID cards, up to date registration & driver's license and running a VIN check to see if she's stolen. Figure on a 30 minute inconvenience. I'd imagine other states are no different.
I'd say enjoy the car you bought for the unique ride it is, and appreciate the fact that you were smart and found a great rare Cadillac. Leave the "Customazation" (I'm being kind, here) to the honDUH boys, You're a Cadillac Man ! NICE CAR - BTW !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.