Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i bought a 1987 cadillac sedan deville and the car was rinning rich. it hesitates at about 20mph then again at about 40mph it cannot take of quickly cuz it chokes or stumbles however its said ive since done a complete tuneup all fluids,filters sparkplugs,wires dist cap and rotor oxygen sensor and a brand new alternator and it still stumbles HELP!! i also adjusted the timing on it. i get error code e52 isc
oh when it stumbles the lights flicker it looks like it has a new egr im stuck i dont know what else it is any help will be surely appreciated thank you!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
check the EGR tubes under the TBI. use the end of a coathanger to make sure they are clear. also check the Throttle position sensor (TPS). if it is misadjusted or bad it can cause similar problems.:)

·
Registered
2007 EXT Supercharged
1,497 Posts
on my 86, the "brand new" alternator would kill the engine at idle when headlights and ac was turned on.

I tried 3 different alternators and the last one, a delco, solved the problem and ran for 50k miles and still going somewhere. The cheap junk alt was drawing too much power somehow, almost tore the belt.

To give a try, unhook the positive at the alt, if it quits stubling, thats it!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts