Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1987 brougham
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 1987 brougham which im in the process of re doing the vacuum lines im following a vacuum diagram i found on here by user sven i believe. I just have some questions in regards to the two vacuum hoses that come from the air cleaner temperature sensor. where is the correct place to attach them and what does the can purge on this diagram look like? also what is the circle in the bottom left corner supposed to be? i just need some help because if i follow this diagram a few lines stay without somewhere to be attached to please help if yall have pics of your engine vacuum lines and they are correct id appreciate if you would post a picture thanks cadillac.jpg

·
Registered
'87 Brougham d'Elegance, '97 ETC, '10 Cobalt SS
112 Posts
I can't really help you with the vacuum lines, but the circle in the bottom left will be a canister for emissions. It will be in the front passenger corner of the engine compartment. Other than that, my '87 has no motor, so I can't check any vacuum lines for you.

I'm kinda surprised no-one else commented yet.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Because your profile does not list where you're located, its hard to help. Different states have different hose routings because of smog test requirements. In California every smog shop has vacuum hose diagrams to verify correctness during a smog check. Doesn't the car have a vacuum hose diagram on the radiator support?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts