Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
fleetwood
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

New here! Hope someone can help me out. Have a 87 fleetwood lowrider had it in storage for the past 2 years. Got it out, ran great rolled it to my new storage spot where i'm going to be working on it. I made several stops along the drive and had no problem

This morning i had to jump the ride as the battery was dead. Noticed when i jumped it the security light was blinking. Ran it for about an hour, turned it off, and had absolutely no power at all to turn back on a second after, no lights no power , no nothing...had to jump it again.

I know this must be a problem somebody here has dealt with, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,665 Posts
I think the security light blinks when the battery is disconnected, your battery may have completely drained during storage. My guess is on the battery

·
Registered
1986 FWB 307
230 Posts
I had/have the same issue with my 86 FWB. I just took out the bulb from within it, in which case you have to take off the dash board to gain access to the back of the instrument lights....I never figured out why it keeps blinking when the car is off...

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
I've never seen the security lamp blinking when I've disconnected the battery (and I do that a lot). When you jumped it, was one of the doors open, or does the light stay on after everything is closed?

Your battery can obviously hold a charge, so it is still good. If the alternator is not charging the battery, then it wouldn't have enough juice to crank the engine a second time. I would have the alternator tested.

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,665 Posts
For the security light, I meant after you reconnect the battery, maybe then?...but the alt makes more sense.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I would guess that either the battery is bad or one of the connections is loose. The only time the security light should be on is when the door is open. Either blinking if the car isn't locked or solid if you hit the lock button but didn't close the door yet. I don't know if it turns on right when you connect the battery because im always the one connecting mine. I know it'll ding but that's it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts