Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Coupe Deville
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need to replace my hood support struts any tips on how to do that? do i just pry of the clips that hold them?

thanks in advance for your help.

here a photo of my baby

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
Re: 1986 Coupe Deville

There are little clips around the ball stud, just pop those off

·
Registered
1986 Coupe Deville
138 Posts
thanks for your help

Hello again need some advice on what type of grease is used for the power window track not the one in the door mech but the track that holds the windows in the vertical b pillar within the door window. i was told silicon grease is best? this keeps the window guide in the door track lubricated

Thanks again :)

There are many 1986 Coupe DeVilles in this forum. Please try to make your thread titles a bit more descriptive. Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
No grease on the window guides/weatherstripping/reveal moldings. You can use silicone spray to preserve the rubber, but it dries quickly, not intended as a lubricant. Silicone grease will just collect dirt and abrade the rubber when the window is lowered or raised.

·
Registered
1986 Coupe Deville
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to make sure I understand this. I am replacing window guides (see diagram) and when I put in back in the front run channel I use no lubricant at all? will it fall out ? will it smoothly allow the window to open and close ?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Not seeing a diagram. If you're talking about the rubber or flock lined channel that the glass slides up and down in, no grease.

·
Registered
1992 DeVille
2,339 Posts
Trying to replace the hood strut lifts on my 92. Ordered 2 Monroe 901201's but they don't fit. According to rock auto (where I got em) and various other sources they should be a direct fit

The ones I got are shorter than the originals and the bottom mounting hole is too small to fit over the nub.

=\?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts