Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
33,900 Posts
Alright, heres a good place where you can find specs:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/T.../cadindex.html
The FWD Fleetwood rides a 110.8" wheelbase, is 195.2" long, weighs 3364,
and is "powered" by the HT4100 V8. 125hp @4200 rpm and 190 lb/ft @ 2200 rpm. A V8 W/ 125HP????? Yes thats right, and its very unreliable. he most common problem with these engines is neglect. If the coolant did not get changed on schedule and the required supplement added, there is a strong chance of head warp and coolant leaks into the cylinders. And
That said, reliability in the form of internal coolant seepage was the main factor in the 4.1 engine. And from what I understand, it was mainly an intake gasket problem, not the headgaskets...Though the later did happen.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
33,900 Posts
yeah typical 4.1, If you really want a newer caddy, I would recommend going with something thats atleast a 1989, cuz its the newer, better looking bodies, and its got the good 4.5, but basically any FWD caddy from 1989-1992 is going to be very reliable with the 4.5 or 4.9 V8. And any of the RWD Broughams that are from 1986 or newer are very reliable. I would recommend the Brougham for its reliablility, but its not as modern as the FWD Cadillacs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.