Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1980-89 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham - the most elegant, superbly proportioned, richly appointed, finely detailed post war automobile bar none. All the virtues of the traditional American luxury automobile in a car of impressive but not excessive size. The kind of thoughtful detailing no modern designer is capable of. Truly in a class with the great cars of the early 1930s in luxury. No company, not Cadillac, not Lincoln, not even Rolls Royce (with its locomotive styling) will ever again come close. Truly the end of an era.

Here is the commercial for that great car:

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,665 Posts
top 3 for me also, maybe number one.

"and new for brougham, a powerful 5 liter V8". Was the 307 powerful in comparison for the year?

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
Already have that video favorited on Youtube and was once told I should take a video of my car and redub the audio from this over it. I'll leave that task however, to whichever of you tykes does it first.

The Brougham, Cadillac's last of the Big, Extravagant Boats. One of the reasons I chose my car, rather than doing what most people do and just say "I want a Hearse"

·
Registered
87 Brougham, 1969 Calais, 95 FWB, 07 SRX, 07 ESV
4,246 Posts
gatta say, definately one of my favorite styles. my 87 still catches my eye like you wouldn't believe

·
Registered
1989 Brougham d'Elegance, 1985 Fleetwood Brougham *Coupe*
4,256 Posts
It's sad to think the car is dead, and yet every year, another body is added to the pyre…

But I have a dream that one day the car will be resurrected. If my ideas and sanity hold strong, soon the engine designs I have papering my walls will become real, and will someday power real cars. But for a lack of ambition, I would rather crawl under a rock and be forgotten, so we’ll see what happens.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 5.3 Vortec, 4L60E transmission
334 Posts
Can't wait until I can fit an antigravity engine under the hood of my caddy. Lots of space there.
How classy would a Brougham look flying over the houses?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts