Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Eldorado - Looking for an Allante
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting on the restoration of my Fathers '85 Eldorado. First thing needed is a replacement Front Passenger Side Glass Window. While in extended storage some one broke the glass. Nothing else damaged except the passenger seat leather took a beating from the weather and dried it all out. First thing is replacing the Glass then the seat cover.

Questions are:

Where to find a used window,

Then who supplies replacement seat covers. Local trim shop can do it but in all vinyl.

Thanks in advance for all and any help.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
EBAY . I'd try local yards first. As for the interior you're prob better off finding another used set, replacements are not going to be cheap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My posting here came after calling around in my area and having no luck at all. Will have to look around the bigger cities like Denver and Colorado Springs. I am out in nowhere, just farms and ranches and pickup trucks for a hundred miles.

It has the tan colored seats and chancing on a parts car with matching would just be chance in a million. Local trim shop does super great work but she will not do it in leather. She says she can remove the leather portion and put in vinyl but the color may be slightly off, would not be as noticeable if the full seat was done. Rest of the seats are in very good condition.

The car has a factory rebuilt 4100 with 2,000 miles ( + sitting for about 13 years. )

Paint needs to be redone and it will be good to go..

By the way my Father passed in '95 at 88 years old and this car has a lot of value to me. It was his last car and he loved it..

----------

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
If the seats aren't too far gone try SEM dye, works well and is inexpensive. At least it can get you by until you find an alternative. I'm sure you could find a shop to redo the seat panel in leather. Hard to match though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello..

The seat color is fine, just that a lot of water got on to them and totally dried them out and they were as "hard as leather" ( pun intended ), well how about as stiff as cardboard, and cracked in several places when I sat on them. No one had been the car in about 10 years. Rest of the seats are nice and soft.. Just would like to get the car sealed up.

Also what years of the Eldorado have the same door glass as the '85?

·
Registered
'93 ETC (N* 120k)
328 Posts
You should be able to pickup glass from any 79-85 Ebody, Toronado, Eldorado, Riviera

If I'm wrong,someone speak up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"You should be able to pickup glass from any 79-85 Ebody, Toronado, Eldorado, Riviera"

Thanks, this will help me out greatly in finding the proper glass.

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
I see tan interior eldorados quite often in the junkyards here....seems to be the most common color. Unfortunately, none of the cars here have what I would consider great condition passenger seats (stitching is broken/ split seams in seats)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts