Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola everyone. I'm brand new here and hoping some of you seasoned Caddie vets can help me out.

I'll be perfectly honest. My only experience with Cadillacs has been riding shotgun in my friend's white (Seville???) in the late 1990s. I was browsing for used cars this evening and saw this 1985 Eldorado. Love the body. Love the interior. From what I remember of my friend's car (probably a late 80s model), I love the ride.

Is there any reason I shouldn't be interested in this gorgeous beast? I've done a bit of research and seen that the 4.1L engine isn't best equipped to carry around all that weight, but haven't seen too many other issues to keep me away. FYI, this wouldn't be a *project* car for me. It would be used primarily to get me to and from work each day--about 30 miles round trip.

If you have any advice for me, my ears are wide open. Thanks for taking a look.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,987 Posts
Aside from being terribly under powered, the HT4100 is known for head gaskets problems. Been there, done that. The good news is, that they can be done with the engine in the car.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Best advice to you is to avoid any cheap Caddies with Northstar engine unless you know the little old lady who had it. Some Northstars have real expensive head gasket problems. You can do a search here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts