Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was Changing my Alternator a couple weeks ago I must of ripped this off by accident, I cant for the Life of me see where this goes. If someone could point me in the right direction and possible give me a diagram or a page number in the Final Edition Manual for these hose configurations.

Thank you Caddy Heads

Attachments

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,278 Posts
The top port has no hose connection. I checked both my Eldorado and Fleetwood and they are the same, no hose connection. The port is left open.

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz
1,189 Posts
Yup. From the factory it would have had a small papery filter element over it. Not needed, it is just the means by which the solenoid can vent the EGR valve to atmosphere to get it to close.

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,278 Posts
Yup. From the factory it would have had a small papery filter element over it. Not needed, it is just the means by which the solenoid can vent the EGR valve to atmosphere to get it to close.
In this photo it sort of looks like a wad of foam. I did not know that. The parts catalog doesn't list the separate filter.

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz
1,189 Posts
In this photo it sort of looks like a wad of foam. I did not know that. The parts catalog doesn't list the separate filter.

View attachment 578092
Tim, believe it or not AC Delco does actually offer the filter as a part number. Slightly different from original, this is just a small rectangle or sponge with a circle in the middle that slides over the nipple.

·
Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
1,278 Posts
The only one I can find is GM part 1977796 or AC Delco 219-14 and those are a rectangle foam piece.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,605 Posts
I would think it would be pretty simple to fabricate one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts