Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was having problems with my elc compressor draining my battery over night, i brought it to cadillac and they told me that the exhaust solidnoid was shorted and that was draining the battery, they did not have the compressor so i bought one on ebay from a 86 deville and installed it. i worked fine, the battery was not draining anymore. but now i have a new problem, the level compressor comes on when you start the car, but the system does not vent the pressure so the back of the car gets higher every time you start the car. i have to vent the system manually by disconnecting the air hose from the compressor. could the problem be with the height sensor? does that sensor also tell the exhaust solidnoid to open? should i change the height sensor or get another compressor. where is the solidnoid located. is there a way to repair the solidnoid. or is it a no fix item. thanks

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
The venting is within the compressor. I think the compressor's faulty because you say "new problem" The height sensor attaches with a simple rod with a plastic ball socket on either end to the driver side rear lower control arm. With the key on, engine off, Disconnect it at the lower control arm and pull it fully down. After 30 seconds or so, it should exhaust. Pushing the arm up, it should restart the pump again in about 15 to 30 seconds. I still think you need another pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts