Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 DeVille 4.1 gas
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my 1985 Cadillac wont start i checked the relays and fuses they seem to be fine i can hear the fuel pump running however it sounds like it might not be getting fuel i removed the air cleaner and cranked the car i dont see any fuel coming out of the injectors i was running great last week and have a new battery one last thing if you fill the tank up it leaks slightly until the fuel level drops and its been doing that for a couple years must be the gasket at the top of the tank, any ideas would be great

Moderator edit: Identical threads, identical posts merged and condensed. No need to double-post. Sub.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,863 Posts
hello my 1985 Cadillac wont start i checked the relays and fuses they seem to be fine i can hear the fuel pump running however it sounds like it might not be getting fuel i removed the air cleaner and cranked the car i dont see any fuel coming out of the injectors i was running great last week and have a new battery one last thing if you fill the tank up it leaks slightly until the fuel level drops and its been doing that for a couple years must be the gasket at the top of the tank, any ideas would be great

Moderator edit: Identical threads, identical posts merged and condensed. No need to double-post. Sub.
---------------------------
codes are meaningless without their DEFINITIONS -
and no one has them all memorized - or remembers OBD1 codes -

it sounds like it might not be getting fuel i removed the air cleaner and cranked the car
i dont see any fuel coming out of the injectors

dump a little gas down the throttle body and see if the engine runs for a few seconds -

check the fuses -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts