Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 Deville with a HT4100 engine. Looking for name and part number for the part with and electrical connection that sits between the intake and the throttle body assy. The electrical leads are embedded in a thick gasket powering two metal elements.
There are numbers on the part 2RT8-1 1624432 but could i not find a match when searching.
I would like to replace the part because one of the metal elements meled.

·
Registered
'85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
568 Posts
Can you please take pictures of the parts it mates to? I never dealt with/seen that on mine

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 SRX Turbo
69 Posts
That's the throttle body base warmer, also known as the "Early Fuel Evaporator valve" or "EFE heater".

·
Registered
2011 SRX Turbo
69 Posts
Nope. It's for emissions and reduced fuel consumption during warm-up on cold starts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It appears to have gotten very hot. Is it a California car? If so, see part #70 in the diagram. Maybe that's it.

It looks like the part I am looking for. It seems to be hard to find online.
As you mentioned it seems to be a Cali car. I am in Georgia so if I don't need it I would leave it off if possible.

Ranger, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like the part I am looking for. It seems to be hard to find online.
As you mentioned it seems to be a Cali car. I am in Georgia so if I don't need it I would leave it off if possible.

Ranger, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
If I leave it off, will I get codes?

Thanks to all

·
Registered
'85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
568 Posts
eBay has 216-9 brand new. Maybe can swap electricals. AC Delco equivalent is 216-1 but can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For now I will take your advice clean it up and use it anyway.
At least I now know what it is and where to get one if I choose to replace one day.

Thanks everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts