Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to replace the front and back turn signals? I can't find it anywhere online or in the manual and was just wondering if there's an easy way. Please and thank you!!

·
Registered
89 FWSD, 91 FWB, 88 FWBD'
65 Posts
If its the same as my 91 Brougham, (which I bet it is) you need a torque wrench.

Rear lights: Use a torque wrench to take off the chrome lining around the rear tail light lens. Now use a socket wrench to free the whole unit. Determine which bulb is bad of the 3 and press down on the little tab, then turn the plastic piece and pull out to expose the bulb. Swap it out and put it all back together.

Front signals are the same thing, pretty much. Just go in through the front and loosen the two torque bolts holding the lamp in place. There should be a little indentation in the rubber lining around the top and bottom of the headlamp which is where the bolts are located.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but this thread was from earlier. I already replaced the bulbs to try and fix the non-blinking issue but it didn't work.

·
Registered
89 FWSD, 91 FWB, 88 FWBD'
65 Posts
Have you replaced the flasher under the dash?
Good point. Not sure if the OP realized (cause I sure didn't at first) that the flasher just above the brake pedal is only for the Hazards. The turn signal flasher is like inside the steering column and tucked tightly away :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ROMAN.IMPERATOR said:
Good point. Not sure if the OP realized (cause I sure didn't at first) that the flasher just above the brake pedal is only for the Hazards. The turn signal flasher is like inside the steering column and tucked tightly away :)
Wait really? I replaced the one that's practically on the fuse box which is technically above the brake pedal, so could it be the other one that's inside the steering column?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts