Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS, 11 CTS Coupe, 84 Seville
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this car about a week ago. Planning on using it on the weekends,etc.

Noticed when I give the car gas and brake, the car is still idling. Thought it might have been something with the gas pedal but my dad mentioned it might be the Throttle Position Sensor.

Theres no lights or codes on the car.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
If I am understanding you correctly, you step on the pedal and the engine stays at idle and does not respond?

Does the throttle lever on the throttle body move when you step on the pedal?

·
Registered
06 STS, 11 CTS Coupe, 84 Seville
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I am understanding you correctly, you step on the pedal and the engine stays at idle and does not respond?

Does the throttle lever on the throttle body move when you step on the pedal?
Its while the car is moving. It responds when I step on the pedal. But when i release my foot off the pedal it still idles and revs as if Im still giving it gas.

Even if I step on the brakes and release,the car continue to moves as if Im pressing the gas.

It stops after about 5 seconds and it doesnt do it everytime I press the pedal.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts
Yeah, you have something binding, TB, cable, pedal. I'd inspect it closely from the pedal to the TB.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
I've seen the dual throttle return spring become too weak over time. The idle control motor might need adjustment. I presume no floor mat under the throttle pedal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts