Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Coupe
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I successfully rebuilt A/C system on my 1984 Eldorado Biarritz hardtop with a new compressor and dryer and converted it to R-134a. The A/C system itself now works well as I get very cold (35-40 degrees lower than ambient temperature) when I set the system to either "Low" or "High," even on the 90-plus degree days we're currently experiencing. I can hear the A/C compressor turn on and off when I switch from "Econ" to either "Lo" or "High" on the ECC Panel. Unfortunately, within hours after repairing the A/C, I noticed I can no longer select the middle "Auto" setting. I press it and it does not change from the current setting regardless of the temperature selected. While I didn't physically check the fuse, the four-way hazard flashers work and so do the brake lights.

Any thoughts on why only the "Auto" setting no longer works when all of the other functions on the ECC can be selected? My apologies if there is already an existing thread someone can point me to and thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz
1,241 Posts
With an isolated issue like that, the problem is the control head. You can pop the face plate off if you’re careful and try to clean the contacts, but whenever I’ve had issues like that the problem usually returned in short order. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts