Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 Cadillac coupe deville the air divider has clip plug ins on each end one towards the fire wall and one towards the front of the car where do they get connected to because i removed it from the car and now looking to put it back but don't remember seeing them attached before

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,082 Posts
I don't understand this post -

you should try a different translation program -
this one doesn't work with your native language very well -

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is the question is asking about where 2 vacuum hoses for the HVAC tempiture controls get connected under the hood.

One is the vacuum source. My guess is a black rubber or vinyl hose.
It would come off a vacuum canister. Maybe a round black plastic ball with 2 connections.
The other side of the canister would go to the engine intake or carberator base. The vacuum source from the engine.
The canister would store vaccum. Also in the canister or inline with the hose is a small check valve.
Without that checkvalve the airflow out the vents would move to default defroster when engine vacuum is low, in wide open throttle.
Without the canister the vents may not operate correctly when changing the settings when engine vacuum is low.
If you look on the underhood sticker (if it still has one). There will be a engine vacuum hose routing picture.
It won't show all the HVAC hoses. But should show the hose comming off the engine going to the canister or just HVAC.

The other would go to the heater valve on the heater hose.
My guess is a bright colored vinyl hose.
This turns on & off the coolant flow thru the heater core.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts