Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My 84 was overheating and when I attempted to pull the t-stat one bolt broke off in the housing. To make things worse when I attempted to drill out the bolt, the bit broke. Now I am at the point of pulling off the waterpump to remove the bolt from the housing. The housing itself appears to "float" on the throat of the pump and a port on the block. Is there anything special that I need to know or be concerned with while doing this? Thanks!

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
hmmmm best advice, dumb the HT4100...... you said it overheated...what a surprise with the engine....be happy you didn't wipe out the block and/or heads.....

Really though, see about getting a Olds 307 (cheap, reliable, never dies) or a Chevy 350 (want more power, or to make a sleeper) for it..... you could probally find one cheap...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
It's seperate replacable housing. But you need to pull the pump to get it off. Everything's all sealed with "O" rings and comes apart quite easy. When you replace the whole assembly, you need a "kit" that allows you to install the whole thing and then install the cross-over pipe after. It comes with a couple clips and instructions on hoe to do the install. After it's done, you'll be able to R&R the T-stat without removing the waterpump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts