Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Cadillac Fleetwood 4.1 v8
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the oil sending unit on my caddy, I think I've found it but the electrical connector piece looks to be the wrong size. Can anyone tell me where the sending unit is on my car? I'm literally almost finished working on it and am hoping to fire it up this weekend.

·
Registered
1985 Seville
330 Posts
Its way up there above the oil filter have to drop the starter to access it.

----------

I had a shop change it for 25.00 dollars worth every penny only use ac delco or you'll probably be changing it again shortly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 1983 Cadillac Fleetwood 4.1, I thought I found it on the driver side but the wired connector just doesn't look right at all. I'm planning on putting my new pump and such back in tonight and was hoping to hookup a n oil pressure gauge to make sure everything jives correctly. I've been having oil problems where it won't cycle to the top of the engine. I dont hear any bearing noise at, just noise from the rockers clicking because they're dry. So I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track. Plus the bottom of the oil pan had lots of goopy sludge in it as well as the oil filter so....I'm thinking that was the problem.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
It's located in the block just above the oil filter. And I say again, it's not in your profile.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carnut, I don't think its possible to update my profile via my phone as I can't find a way to do it in the app nor on my browser so I guess I'll do it when I get home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts