Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1981 Cadillac eldorado blower motor stays on even when the car is turned off. Ive replaced the climate control box when you push the buttons to change the temperature as well as replaced the blower motors resistor. Still the blower motor stays on when the car is off. The only way I get it to turn off is by disconnecting a brown wire That goes to the blower. Pls help lol

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Was the blower module (piece on the firewall with a heatsink on the bottom of it) replaced with a new unit with a 3 wire ground? That is textbook failure of the module. Used units are more than likely to have the issue nearly 40 years after the fact...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was the blower module (piece on the firewall with a heatsink on the bottom of it) replaced with a new unit with a 3 wire ground? That is textbook failure of the module. Used units are more than likely to have the issue nearly 40 years after the fact...
Yes i replaced it with a refurbished unit that was 300$ :/

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 1981 Cadillac eldorado blower motor stays on even when the car is turned off. Ive replaced the climate control box when you push the buttons to change the temperature as well as replaced the blower motors resistor. Still the blower motor stays on when the car is off. The only way I get it to turn off is by disconnecting a brown wire That goes to the blower. Pls help lol
I followed The brown wire i plugged into the blower motor to make it turn on and it leads to the starter. Is this normal? the climate control was modified before i got the car so I’m not even sure where all the connections are supposed to go.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The blower resistor receives a control signal from the bcm which tells the resistor which speed is needed. Main power for the blower goes directly to the resistor and then routed to the blower accordingly. The resistor changes the voltage of the main power based on signalling from the bcm. When the resistor burns out, sometimes it shorts out as off, or on. Yours is probably shorted on.

New resistor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The blower resistor receives a control signal from the bcm which tells the resistor which speed is needed. Main power for the blower goes directly to the resistor and then routed to the blower accordingly. The resistor changes the voltage of the main power based on signalling from the bcm. When the resistor burns out, sometimes it shorts out as off, or on. Yours is probably shorted on.

New resistor.
I put a new resistor in and it still doesn’t work.😭

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had Cadillac Seville
The relay is installed here =relay supply power to the blower
Behind the evaporator cover
Main position installed
Your car AIR conditioning has Ambient sensor ?
View attachment 571104
My climate control was jerry rigged by the previous owner. I don’t even see a relay however there was a relay which i took out because it appeared to not be stock. (It didn’t look like the one in your picture or the one auto parts store said was the blower motor relay.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could anyone with a 79-85 Cadillac eldorado post a picture of around there blower motor so I can see if my wires are going to the right places

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nah. The control module has no effect on the blowing of the air at all 😬
I mean that =When the ingiction switch is off -Does it work fan blower In the position -LO -and OFF -in control lever ?
or it work in only OFF?

You are in the situation of the problem that occurs=
you Start the disconnect Ambient sensor and check that the fan is off ?
If the fan is not turned off - disconnect the thermostat and check it

If the fan is not turned off -disconnect programmer electrical
If the fan is not turned off-disconnect Heater turn on switch -on front cylinder head

C536 000000.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
4 Participants
sefiro