Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..my turn signals now only work manually. Light bulbs all checked ok. Emergency flasher works ok.
? where is the turn signal module ? is this module separate from the emergency flashers module?
...or...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,468 Posts
Can't swear to it, but I don't think you have a "module", just the old style flasher. It should be under the dash on one side or the other of the steering column.

·
Registered
1985 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, Sable Black, HT4100
990 Posts
Ranger's right. You have two old school canister-shaped "thermal flashers." One for the hazards in the fuse box. One for the signals near the base of the steering column, underneath. I haven't been down there in a while, but I think it's a little to the right, kinda hanging there. I don't think it's hard to see or get at.

Does the turn signal work for one direction, or not at all? There's a 20amp turn signal fuse, "DIR SIG." There's a different fuse for the hazards. Check that.

Personally, I've had a lot of turn signal gremlins. If ANY bulb is dead or dying, things get weird. Little running lights in the tails, cornering bulbs, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tx 4 the reply! I found the flasher to be located directly behind the left interior courtesy see photo. mine is the yellow circle
1981 Eldorado signal flasher location.JPG
6 inches from the courtesy lamp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed! Working like new! Took out the bad acting WAGNER 552 flasher (OE?) and used a bench grinder to carefully open it up. Cleaned the contacts with 320 sandpaper. Used some HD silicone adhesive sparingly to re-attach the cap to the base. Total cost= O. Total time= 20 minutes. Easy stuff.
Life is good in the Pacific North West!
Wagner 552 flasher.JPG
Wagner 552 flasher opened.JPG
Wagner 552 flasher bimetal contacts.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts