Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1980 Seville 368 motor mounts

812 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Leo Wojo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am new to posting in forums, so any advise will be taken willingly. I figured this chat would be the right place for my question but please advise.

I have an 1980 Seville 368 DEFI and have recently had an engine & transmission overhaul/rebuild. I am ready to install back into the car and wanted to replace the mounts first. I have had a heck of a time finding the correct ones. I blindingly order Rockauto's part off the get go, and it turned out to be wrong. Once I realized it I have searched many place and can not find the correct one. I have even searched similar year Toronados, Eldorados and Buicks, etc.. None offer the option of my OEM engine mount. Now I understand there might not be any OEMs out on the market and I need to work with what is out there however mine has a different bolt configuration. All have the single stud with the locating bump on one side but the main difference is the other side. In the market place all I can find is a single female threaded hole when mine has 2 female threaded holes. I can post picks if that helps. This goes for the left and right mount.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Len

#2 · (Edited)
Not being familiar with the 368, I don't know if this will help or not. Try CarJunky, they list the Pioneer Cable motor mounts P311-4F95440-left and right. Otherwise you might Google for more options. Also there are some listings on old faithful...Ebay.

edit: Sorry, just checked RockAuto and saw their listing for the Pioneer which you apparently have. Oh Well, I tried.

#4 ·
Westar shows only 1 mount with 1 bolt.

I don't have a parts catalog for that year.
Possibly if you could find which catalog it is on eBay and search GM Wiki parts.
It is a difficult website to use.
GMPartsWiki

Salvage yard search to find a 1980 part.

#5 ·
With a bit of time on my hands these days and my copy of the Parts Manual for 76-81 Cadillacs I see that the PN for just the isolator piece should be 1613522 for the 80 C,E,K models with the 368. It also shows that the 79 E used them also. Tried a quick Google search and didn't come up with anything but I was wondering if you had already tried USA Parts Supply? They have a downloadable PDF catalog on line for many years of Cadillac parts and attached is a page from their lastest (?) version which seems to list what you might be looking for.
I just thought of them as I purchased a set of 4 NOS Aluminium Touring Coupe wheel center caps from them several months back after searching everywhere for them. I was a bit skeptical that they would have a full set of a 35 year old part when I was ordering but I was very pleasantly surprised that they were exactly what I was hoping for and were in perfect condition. I made another inquiry for some other parts that I was looking for afterward and while they didn't have exactly what I wanted, even thought the catalog indicated they might, they did reply very promptly and precisely to my e-mail and questions. Probably worth a try if you haven't found them yet. Hope it helps. Dave

Text Font

#6 ·
With a bit of time on my hands these days and my copy of the Parts Manual for 76-81 Cadillacs I see that the PN for just the isolator piece should be 1613522 for the 80 C,E,K models with the 368. It also shows that the 79 E used them also. Tried a quick Google search and didn't come up with anything but I was wondering if you had already tried USA Parts Supply? They have a downloadable PDF catalog on line for many years of Cadillac parts and attached is a page from their lastest (?) version which seems to list what you might be looking for.
I just thought of them as I purchased a set of 4 NOS Aluminium Touring Coupe wheel center caps from them several months back after searching everywhere for them. I was a bit skeptical that they would have a full set of a 35 year old part when I was ordering but I was very pleasantly surprised that they were exactly what I was hoping for and were in perfect condition. I made another inquiry for some other parts that I was looking for afterward and while they didn't have exactly what I wanted, even thought the catalog indicated they might, they did reply very promptly and precisely to my e-mail and questions. Probably worth a try if you haven't found them yet. Hope it helps. Dave

View attachment 581319
Thank you very much for your time and effort going into this search. The USA part supply is the first place I have seen the correct part (confident so far) anywhere on the internet. The PN is actually 1616432 after a discussion with USA Part supply. I am working with my local Cadillac dealer that found one two weeks ago and is slated to arrive Monday however they were not able to show a picture of it so I was not very confident until now. Keeping my fingers crossed it works out. Thank you again my friend. Len

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.