Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If I decide to buy a ne TBI,where is the best places to buy it?
I see the rockauto,but if I understand correctly I need to ship my core and they redone it,but is not cheap the shipping from Italy to the States and back.

·
Registered
None
37 Posts
If I decide to buy a ne TBI,where is the best places to buy it?
I see the rockauto,but if I understand correctly I need to ship my core and they redone it,but is not cheap the shipping from Italy to the States and back.
Sorry i do not know
Because i live in asia
are You sure the injectors have a problem ؟

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi guys

I'll post some update on my work.
From the last visit,I change both injectors,fuel pump,spark,spark plug wires(black),distributor cap,brush, coil.
I checked the timing 10 times.I start with 1 cylinder on TDC,crankshaft pulley on 10°,the brush pointing the 1st cylinder.

When I try to start it the engine is smooth,in the main time the key is turned on starting position I have just one injector sprayng(I don't know why just one),if I leave the keythe engine shut off.
I can understand what is going on !

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)

The 2 fuel pump have aslight difference on the positive cable,the old one is directly bolted,the new one ave another tipe of fitment so I use files to reduce a little bit the positive "blade" i use a spade(?) tin welded and put on the tank ,it work perfect.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)

I forget to say why I change dthe coil,with auto diagnosis i read the 12 code so I replaced

Now when I try to do the diagnosis on the screen appear just to dots and no "88" for auto check.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Durong this quarantine days,I clean and repaint some parts.from this...

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Today I check the fuse box and I found the passenger mirror control laying around,so I decided to repair,I take off the cluster frame,cleanes and reinstalled.
Nothing of important but I like to have all my cars with all stuff working properly.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts