Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Uhmmmm...I take off the fuel filter again,put the keys in Acc mode and the fuel comes out from the base of fuel canister.
I reinstalled fuel filter with inlet not installed ion TBI but,again,about fuel nothnig.:mad:

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm officially a stupid blind roockie:eek: I unscrew the vacuum for brake pump....

I apologize.

The correct inlet is on driver side(I hope),the line with a sort of "bleeder".How it work?
I presume is to push out the air trapped in the line? can someone confirm?

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I answer to my self:
It's a air bleeder,take of the little cap and push the spring in the middle with a small screw,a lot of air come out,crank the engine and do same thing,now I have the fuel coming out.I'll try more time and try to see if the injector become wet,if not i find the guilty.

·
Registered
None
37 Posts
I'm officially a stupid blind roockie:eek: I unscrew the vacuum for brake pump....

I apologize.

The correct inlet is on driver side(I hope),the line with a sort of "bleeder".How it work?

Thank you.

I apologize.

Thank you.
I do not know exactly
I already had Cadillac Seville
Some Cadillac system is different from eldorado

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I can confirm,using a really small screwdriver to push inside the bleeder,the air comes out,you need to push until the fuel comes out.
Today a learned something of new !
Now the problem is moved on the injector.
I hope step by step to put the lady back on the road again but I'm not in hurry.

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
None
37 Posts
I can confirm,using a really small screwdriver to push inside the bleeder,the air comes out,you need to push until the fuel comes out.
Today a learned something of new !
Now the problem is moved on the injector.
I hope step by step to put the lady back on the road again but I'm not in hurry.

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk
test leak injector

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Today I cleaned the injector,soakng in the WD40,now I can hear the click using a 9 volt batterie.
In one injector connection cranking the engine I read 11,9 volt,in the other one just 2,9.
I have disassembled the fuel pump regulatoris necessary any sort of "setting" with this brass float?I found all screwed up,I try to start the car with it in half way,but nothing.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
During the injector disassembly I notice difference in one of it(passenger side) is lost/broke the ledge,this can cause a lot of fuel dropping down?

I try to start the engine many times dropping some fuel direct on the body,and I had a huge back fire(I don't have chenged ignition timing order)just checked the rotor cap,the back fire come from the driver side,next a have the same thing on passenger side but just smoke.
Maybe a lot of fuel dropped in the engine?

Can a bad fuel regulator cause this thing ? the "check engine "light is on.

·
Registered
None
37 Posts
Today I cleaned the injector,soakng in the WD40,now I can hear the click using a 9 volt batterie.
In one injector connection cranking the engine I read 11,9 volt,in the other one just 2,9.
I have disassembled the fuel pump regulatoris necessary any sort of "setting" with this brass float?I found all screwed up,I try to start the car with it in half way,but nothing.
hi
33c11111111111.jpg

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
:eek: opsss..

I noticed too some fuelleaking in the base of TBI,maybe the surfare is not straight,no more !
I think I need to buy the the complete thottle body,is the way to go.If I compare the cost to machine the body,2 injectors,fuel pressure reguator,TPS and all gasket I don't have a big difference !

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado owner.
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Another strange thing is the difference of voltage in 2 injector,I thing the work in the same time at idlee too,but I can understand this huge difference(11,9 to 2,9).It's possible they work in the same way to carburetor and the secondaries open with vacuum and not meccanically?
I want to check the wires from TBI to firewall.

·
Registered
None
37 Posts
:eek: opsss..

I noticed too some fuelleaking in the base of TBI,maybe the surfare is not straight,no more !
I think I need to buy the the complete thottle body,is the way to go.If I compare the cost to machine the body,2 injectors,fuel pressure reguator and all gasket I don't have a big difference !
What is your car code TBI ?

·
Registered
None
37 Posts
Another strange thing is the difference of voltage in 2 injector,I thing the work in the same time at idlee too,but I can understand this huge difference(11,9 to 2,9).It's possible they work in the same way to carburetor and the secondaries open with vacuum and not meccanically?
I want to check the wires from TBI to firewall.
I am pursuing this issue I will tell you

21 - 40 of 53 Posts