Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1980 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD Brougham d'Elegance 2 door i cant find any info in this car i was wondering if im sitting on something of value or should i turn it in to a lowrider i can post the vin and pics if anybody wants pls help like i said i cant find any info in this car in accordence to value pls help
chris bogue
sask canada
[email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks . does anyone out there have a 2 door in this year . or better yet should i transform this car into a lowrider or do you think it will reduce its value ??

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Ah Sweet I love the Fleetwood Brougham Coupes. I love Broughams, but I think the idea of that MASSIVE coupe is awesome. I love the long doors, and you feel so proud stepping in and out of that car.
I dont own one, I drove an '81 Brougham Coupe last week, it was awesome!

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Concidering they were only made for 5 years, yes, they're wicked valuable. Out of the 1980's Cadillacs they're the most valuable. (Not counting the Allante) I would restore it to it's original condition. How's the car run? The 368 is a good engine for that car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Chris I to have a 1980 Fleetwood brougham dElegance But Mine is a 4Door
I wouldnt lower or alter mine from original as I think they are awsome as they
are a mate of mine has the 81 coupe deville but the interior is not a patch on the d'Elegance Theres not a lot of Cadillacs in New Zealand so driving one
gets a lot of attention All the best Cheers chris.

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hi,

I have a 1981 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe. I'd say if your desire is to make it the way you want it to be then you should go for it! If the car is an ultra low mileage cream puff in like new condition then it may have value to a Cadillac enthusiast although there seem to be more people who say they are interested in owning one although not that many who are willing to actually write a check. Follow your heart! Have fun with the car and do what you like!

Dave

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Yeah his is the one I was talking about.

·
Registered
'80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe
2,096 Posts
Me Me Me. I have one!!!
1980 is the rarest year for this body style. It is the last year without a computer unless you go diesel.
Took me 5 years to fine the one I currently have. Lots of lowriders are made from these. Definitely worth much more than a Coupe Deville.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats cool man findly i know somebody that has this car there are nice . nice and BIG i love it

·
Registered
'80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe
2,096 Posts
The car is the same size as a Coupe Deville even though it looks different. Still one of my favorite Cadillacs in 26 years of interest.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
756 Posts
A super late reply, but don't do anything but clean and stare at it...I recently was on the verge of parting with mine due to lack of room, but every one of my friends and family chimed in and told me not to get rid of it. Only 2300 FWB Coupes were made, not factoring in they're D'Elegances and we may have one of very few left.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
I'd say keep it in factory original condition. Its a pretty rare car, and it has the best engine from that era, the big block Cadillac. You see so many 4 doors, but I have yet to ever see a 2 door Fleetwood.

Although I do have to admit that some of the Coupe Deville's that have been "90'd out" look pretty damn sweet.

·
Registered
78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)
1,150 Posts
i have a 1980 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD Brougham d'Elegance 2 door i cant find any info in this car i was wondering if im sitting on something of value or should i turn it in to a lowrider i can post the vin and pics if anybody wants pls help like i said i cant find any info in this car in accordence to value pls help
chris bogue
sask canada
[email protected]
I say, keep it original, not to many are left original. they are always converted to the 90s look. I had a 1980 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance Coupe years ago, it was white with a blue top (was supposed to be white too) with the D'Elegance interior (pillow style) seats in blue velour. Man, she was a beauty. At that time never knew they came in 2 door, always thought they were 4 doors until a friend told me about this one and I bought it. The reason why they were so many made of this year is because they were introduced in mid year of 1980 as opposed to the year before for the following year. 1981 was the first full year production and some say this is the actual year but they are wrong as 1980 was the first year. Mine originaly came with the diesel engine and all the bells and whistles with the exception of the astro roof. We would all love to see it. Post up pictures. If you need any help with anything, electrical, mechanical, vacuum diagrams, let me know. I have a 1980 coupe (obvious) and have all the books, manuals, paint, interior, books for this year.
Talk to you later

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The reason why they were so many made of this year is because they were introduced in mid year of 1980 as opposed to the year before for the following year.
just noticed that I mistyped this sentence here, tried to edit and wasnt able to due to 40 mins had elasped so I meant to say that so FEW made of this year. Not Many as it reads.....thanks

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Did anyone realize this thread started in 2006? I actually owned a 1981 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe when this thread was current. :) Who in the world found this thing so far down in the stack? :) What the heck happened to Ape Man? He is the greatest! :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Did anyone realize this thread started in 2006? I actually owned a 1981 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe when this thread was current. :) Who in the world found this thing so far down in the stack? :) What the heck happened to Ape Man? He is the greatest! :) :) :)
i surely didnt until you pointed it out. wow! 4 yr. old topic. i miss my brougham coupe:crying:

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
I have not seen a 1980 specifically but since I'm actively hunting for a car of that body style I can tell you that 2 doors are out there.

I just saw a beautiful 2 door go on eBay for $3700. I think it was an 85 and it was just about as perfect as you could expect to find that car. I was about 1 second away from bidding on it but it was far enough away that the transport fees made it to much for me.

So having said that you're not sitting on a $20,000 car.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
756 Posts
Good deals are out there...The economy is so terrible right now it's definetely a buyers market. That being said, I would keep it original for the purpose of it's appreciation down the road...These cars are 30 years old, and will only appreciate in time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts