Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
None
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all these years have the Brougham DElegance script on the vinyl roof near the opera lamp? Other than this, how else would one tell that the car is a DElegance model?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,732 Posts
Not sure if it applies to coups, but the location of the badge was moved from the side of the top to the quarter panel somewhere between 81 and 84. My coupe is an 81 FWB D'Elegance, mom's sedan is an 84 FWB, non D'.

·
Registered
None
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yours is an 81 and it has the Brougham DElegance script on the vinyl top at the opera lamp. And on the Matt Garrett website he has an 85 coupe DElegance with the same script in the same place just like yours......this would lead me to assume that at least 81-85 were the same. Actually the car on the website looks identical to
yours from the outside. Anyway....my main question is regarding the 80s......are they the same way I wonder?

----------

Forgot to mention that the car on the website also has Fleetwood Brougham script on the rear quarter....is yours the same?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,732 Posts
[/COLOR]Forgot to mention that the car on the website also has Fleetwood Brougham script on the rear quarter....is yours the same?
No, if that car has the script on the 1/4, that has been added and is not factory.

You should be able to quickly scan the original brochures from 80-85 over at theoldcarmanualproject to see the correct locations.

·
Registered
1980 FBC
980 Posts
Someone decided to change the rivet alloy near the vinyl top and rear quarter panel molding.

1980 is the only year which seems not to self destruct into rust in this area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts