Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My grandfather has a '79 Fleetwood (metallic green with a green interior - kind of an interesting car). He backed into something with it and needs that piece that goes between the 1/4 and the tail-light bezel. I think it's plastic or fiberglass or something.

Anyone know a good source for parts? I found a place online but all they had was new ones for $200 a pair. Looking to spend a lot less than that for a used part.

TIA,
Jim

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Hi Jimmy!

Try Cadillac King in California, look on Hemmings Motor News website for a source, or try a salvage yard in a dry climate. I believe the entire rear bumper may need to come off in order to replace the filler panels you described so I'm guessing the part may come off easier from a rust free car.

Good luck!

Dave

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey guys,

i just got through changing these on my 78 deville , you do not have to remove the rear bumper! , just the vertical part ( |___| ) of the bumper
it comes off with just 2 nuts and then just unplug the wire connector for the taillights, then go into the trunk and remove the 8? speednuts and bam!
done , slide the broken ones off and put the sweet new ones on:worship: :eek: :stirpot: :)

hope this info helps

tripleyellow78cad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts