Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I inherited a 1979 Cadillac Eldorado! It was believed to have a 455 Olds in it but after checking the engine block cast it is a Olds 350. I plan to restore this car myself and it is entirely original. Just seeking insight and enthusiast to chat with during the journey of restoration!
IMG_5950.jpg
IMG_5949.jpg
IMG_6477.jpg

·
Registered
1984 Eldorado Biarritz
1,229 Posts
Nice! Looks like a 1979.
I had started a thread of mine nearly 4 years ago! I had never seen a write up done on a 79-85 as its own dedicated thread. Needs an update as a lot has been done since I last wrote:

·
Registered
96 FWB
761 Posts
The engines were an interesting mix from year to year with that gen E-body. Although Wiki does not list these as configurations, a friend's '79 Toronado had the Olds 403, and my '80 Riv had the 350 Olds. Another friend likedmine and got an '84 Riv, but thay only had the little 307 Olds and he was actually upset with me that I had not made him aware of the change. As if I knew. Or cared. But it was fun watching him always bring it up. That dam 350, like clockwork every year I had to drop new pushrods into the centermost 2 lifters on both banks due to oil baking up and blocking inside.

I needed a car after changing jobs (bye bye co. car) and loved my first Riv so much (reared and totaled) I quickly found an '83 Riv in Firemist Met. (pink-tan), and an '84 Riv in custom D. Olive Green. They were both exactly $4,000, and after my parents' '87 Marquis that my daughter was driving got totaled I went ahead and just bought both! Sorry for the -jack but nice to go down memory lane. Keep us looped in on your progress as you say. It appears you got a great forum and a few guys that can help with ?????

Reactions: Hal0188

·
Registered
1980 FBC
3,132 Posts
Can't see the fuel rails so it doesn't look like port injection which was used on '79.

Been too long but 1980 did have a one year only TBI on the Olds powerplant IIRC.

Need more engine pics.

Thanks for the thread!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts