Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'93 ETC (N* 120k)
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in the mid-90's I had a 79 Eldorado Barritz (which I purchased from a salvage yard WAAAAAAY before I had gotten good with cars)

It was loaded and beautiful, but I never knew which engine it had in it. I dont mean size, I mean Olds, Chevy or ?????

I remember that it was fuel injected (which was a bit of a novelty back then) but I cant remember much more about it (other than the digital displays on the dash and the brushed stainless top)

I've been thinking about purchasing another of the same vintage, but cant remember what problems (besides the bad fuels pumps my car had) what the big problems were.

Can anyone answer both questions?

·
Registered
1995 Seville SLS
2 Posts
I can't say for sure in 1979, but in 1976 there was a huge hue & cry over the fact that it was an Olds 350, not a true Cadillac engine, with which the Seville was equipped . This led to the "disclaimer" on the air cleaner lid stating the this engine was "manufactured"? (can't remember the exact wording) by Cadillac.
1979 was a great year for all models... one of the best we had seen in our shop for a while, only to be followed by the dismal HT 4100.
I worked on cars in the desert (Palm Springs, California, to be exact) and we regularly had to reseal the fuel rails. Other than other rubber parts deteriorating due to the heat (axle boots and whatnot) I can't recall too many faults other than that rear calipers wore out pretty regularly. But other than that, I would recommend replacing the driver's side switch panel with one from 1980, with a superior door lock switch location. Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts