Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Cadiilac Coupe Deville 425 V8
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, the fuel inlet of the Rochster Quadrajet is leaking. I skrewed it out and find that the flare of 3/8" fuel line is damaged. Also the filterhousing looks like a tank is driven over it. Is there a chance to get it new ?

And here a video of running engine at YT:

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
74,584 Posts
Plenty of QJ parts at junkyards and swap meets.

FYI, lots of data in the HP paperback by Doug Roe - "Rochester Carburetors".

(Sorry that I missed the location in Germany. Not too many Cadillac junkyards or swap meets there - :cool: )

·
Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
1,032 Posts
I'd say the filter housing is still useable, I've seen worse. The flare on the tubing is no good. That will have to be replaced. I don't know how it connects to your braided hoses but if it's a simple hose clamp it will be an easy fix. You can buy a short piece of fuel tubing at the parts store.

·
Registered
1979 Cadiilac Coupe Deville 425 V8
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,
@ Submariner409, it`s more like a lotterie jackpot to find in my country at swap meeting this part. But month ago I found at local EBay four unused OEM wire wheel caps for my car.
Nothing is impossible.

@ cadillac_al2, I took a new flaretube from shop. Shorten it and use the new flare end, but it`s leaking. I think the surface of the filterhousing, were the flare is pressed by nut, is damaged. Trested a smal plastic ring as gasket for flare and it works. No leaking fuel. I found this and will take a order. Hope it has the right diameter for my carb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts