Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I currently have another thread here regarding complete repainting and bodywork on my
'78 Deville. Thought it would be better to start a new thread regarding this info.
It needs the "outer" drivers door window sweep. It`s completely missing.
Stopped into the body shop where the work is being done and the owner told me he`s having no luck
finding it and since he knows I`m am member here asked if I would ask the members here if a source
can be found for the window sweep.
Does anyone know a source where the actual sweep can be purchased or even just the sweep rubber
that might be bought it bulk and just cut to fit?
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
Hi,
I currently have another thread here regarding complete repainting and bodywork on my
'78 Deville. Thought it would be better to start a new thread regarding this info.
Stopped into the body shop where the work is being done and the owner told me he`s having no luck
finding it and since he knows I`m am member here asked if I would ask the members here if a source
Does anyone know a source where the actual sweep can be purchased or even just the sweep rubber
Thanks for any info.
Steve, is it a coupe or sedan? I have a good set of coupe sweeps off an 82 park ave. I also have a set of 4 door sweeps off an 88 brougham

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve, is it a coupe or sedan? I have a good set of coupe sweeps off an 82 park ave. I also have a set of 4 door sweeps off an 88 brougham[/QUOTE
]
It`s a SEDAN DEVILLE, Kevin. Even though we just need 1 sweep--the other sweeps are all cracked and brittle and should all be replaced.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a set of them. If you can measure them, I can see if they are the same (should be).
That`s good Kevin!
The body shop my '78 Deville is in is closed today.I will go there Monday and measure to be sure and let you know.
Seems they had the basic same body style for the '78 Deville and '88 Brougham.
What measurements do you have now for them all?

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville
73 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for any info.
Try www.rubbertherightway.com

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure Kevin--send 3 now and the 4th when you find it.
I sent you a PM with my address.
Thanks much!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great you found the 4th one Kevin!
Let me know total cost after you ship the 4th and I`ll mail you a money order right away.
Sent you PM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts