Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Fleetwood
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found the material, trying to remove headliner and do not want to bend the METAL headliner trim along top of windshield. No screws, just clips.
QUESTION:
Any suggestions on HOW TO REMOVE THE HEADLINER METAL TRIM ALONG WINDSHIELD?

Thank you. John, PLYMOUTH, MI:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Look in the factory service manual, perhaps the official directions you need are there. When my mechanic installed a self dimming mirror in my car several years ago the metal piece you refer to was slightly kinked - bothered me at first, but with visors up I seldom notice it, if you can avoid this problem you will be happy! Good luck! :)

·
Registered
1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)
1,493 Posts
That piece has some strange fasteners. They look like arrow heads. I have never found a good method for removing them. It has always been hit or miss with the "Darts" breaking, but sometimes I get lucky. I'm going to my shop and will take a closer look at what I have there.

·
Registered
1977 Coupe (blue), 1977 Coupe (yellow), 1977 Coupe (green)
1,493 Posts
Ok, the trim piece has five "arrow heads" or darts which fit into slots in the forward roof support. You can use an uppolstory (sp) tool and try puling strait down. If the edges of the dart show in the slot, it may pull out without breaking an edge off. IF you can see the edges of the dart in the slot, you may pull them in using needle nose pliers. Then you may have better luck. I noticed that I left the dart over the far left driver side in the slot and removed the trim piece. Hope this helps.

----------

Ok, the trim piece has five "arrow heads" or darts which fit into slots in the forward roof support. You can use an uppolstory  (sp) tool and try puling strait down. If the edges of the dart show in the slot, it may pull out without breaking an edge off. IF you can see the edges  of the dart in the slot, you may pull them in using needle nose pliers. Then you may have better luck. I noticed that I left the dart over the far left driver side in the slot and removed the trim piece.  Hope this helps.<br type="_moz">

1 - 4 of 4 Posts