Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Eldorado Biarritz
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there,
my name is daniel and i m a new member here. i m from germany and i bought a 1978 cadillac eldorado biarritz last week. a real nice car with hurst t-tops and a wiper motor that doesent work:confused:.i realy hope that you can help me.....
the owner before allready try to fix the problem and put in a new wiper motor - and it still doesent work. but as i can see it is not the correct wiper motor for this car. i got three plugs coming from the wiper switch (see picture). one with 3 pins - purple, white (2 wires) and a grey . another plug with green and brown wire and one plug with pink and white wire. the wipermotor got just two connections. one for the plug with three pins and on for the plug with 2 pins. curiously there is also a single pin..... on top of that the wiper motor got a pink wire with black stripe and a black wire with pink stripe (comming out of the motor). so my question is......
1. do i have to buy a new wiper motor (see picture correct wiper motor) or can i use the one i have....
if i can use the wiper motor i have......
2. how do i have to conect the seperate wires that it will work.....

thx for all comments and feedback
I am grateful for any help.
daniel

PS - it doesent matter if the delay funktion will be out of function..... i dont need it anyhow

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 Eldorado Convertible
41 Posts
I would start from scratch & order the correct wiper motor from Rockauto.com with the delay feature.I assume you have delay on your dashboard switch.The wiper motors for these cars,I've owned 4 so far have never failed,what typically fails is the mechanical washer pump on them.as you stated you don't have the correct connctions on that motor.On my 76 Eldo,essentially the same car.I had a rear brake caliper put on that was supposed to be the same.While it looks & works perfectly its still not correct for that car since I can't attach the parking brake cable correctly.While it is new,I still have to replace it again.Save yourself a lot of time & grief and put the correct one on.Here is a pic of I believe the correct one. $T2eC16FHJHgFFly!DRH)BRvc7Q)hb!~~_32.jpg Note the connectors.

·
Registered
1976 Eldorado Convertible
41 Posts
Also your wiper connectors will only plug in one way.I could help you better if my car was here but its still in storage till April.Joseph P.s. My wife of 30 years is originally from Bayreuth I was in the Army 83-87,stationed in Bindlach.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts