Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
She passed inspection!!!! It just passed last week. I'm kinda confused why they backdated my sticker. They backdated it to August, which I guess was initially when I tried to get a sticker. I feel like I got ripped off two months by the Commonwealth of MA! 馃が Anyway, the parts worked awesome. My mechanic needed nothing extra. Everything was perfect. He said he had a hell of a time trying to get one of the old parts off my car. But, in short...I wholeheartedly recommend Rare Parts. They were bloody expensive, but I feel like I made the right choice! I have some other small projects on my car, but this was my biggest one at the moment! Done!

So, what is going on with your car? Have you been able to fix the sloppy steering yet?

Thanks for all your help and advice. I couldn't have done it without your guidance!馃檪

Annie

Registered
1985 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, Sable Black, HT4100
That's great. I'm glad I could help. I don't know much, but I'm good at online shopping.

So does it drive like a Porsche now? :D

No, my car has a more pressing emissions inspection failure at the moment. Hope to get some time today. Failed for Nitrogen oxide. The "EGR" valve is probably clogged. Need to make sure it's getting vacuum and not jammed up by carbon deposits.

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Ugh...sorry to hear that. We don't get emissions testing on classic cars here...just safety. So I can pollute all I want! LOL! Well, I hope your fix to that is easy and cheap!
I've never been in a Porsche, so I can't say. I'm pretty sure I'm happier if it drives like the luxurious Cadillac it was built to be!

Registered
1985 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, Sable Black, HT4100
That's great. So you turn the wheel a little and she actually turns now? Correct that your mechanic only did the pitman and idler arms, no tie rod ends?

In DC they only test for emissions. They don't care if, say, your brake lights don't work.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts